Home Analyst Portal

Adding Cireson Hardware Asset Location to UserRelatedInfo Template

James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I'm trying to customize the RelatedUserInfo.js template and have been able to get most of what I wanted done but I can't seem to get the Location to display properly. In the multipleObjectPicker I'm trying to display the HardwareAssetHasLocation_Display name property but nothing seems to be loading. I've tried every possible form of that including "Target_HardwareAssetHasLocation", "HardwareAssetHasLocation", "Location", "Target_HardwareAssetHasLocation_DisplayName", and all with .name and .DisplayName after them.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
James

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi James,

There's a lot to unpack here.

Firstly, before you can edit a form to support a new control, you need to extend the back end of SCSM. For a normal property, this just required a class extension. For a relationship, such as to a Location object, this requires a new Relationship to be defined and a new Type Projection for the form to use.

However, The Related User Info page is pretty much the only form in the Portal where you cannot specify a different Type Projection. In short, this cannot be done.

Instead, I suggest you look at the User CI form, where you can specify a new Type Projection in the settings and can add the relationship onto the class allowing you to add the Location control onto the form.

Geoff
  • James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the response. I guess I'm a little confused about some of the back end stuff works. If there is already a relationship linking the hardware asset and the location why would a new one need to be defined?

Also how would I go about using the User CI form? I don't see it in the templates or know how to access that via the portal.

Thank you,

James