AutoClose issue

Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭
We appear to be having an issue with the way autoclose is working.   It appears that it is setting the closed status to Closed by User which does not set the date correctly and leaves the SLO ticking.   How are you dealing with this?

Answers

  • Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi @Jeff_Landers

    Can you confirm what SLO's you have running so I can try and replicate this in my lab? 

    Is the SLO Timer still ticking in the Portal and/or the SCSM Console/

    Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭

    We are running SLO's for IR's and SR's if that is what you mean. This seems to only be happening to SR's with no activities behind them. We are finding that after the analyst Completes the SR and the system Closes the SR, the clock is still ticking in both the console and the portal, triggers our breach warning emails,  and will eventually breach the SLO.  The history shows that the service account Closed the ticket which jives with the AutoClose. The only way to fix it is to reopen the ticket by changing the ticket back to Submitted/In Progress and then Complete and Close the SR manually.  We expect this on tickets that are Cancelled since that is a known problem with the date not being set on those tickets.  However, the problem seems to have something to do with the Relationship Class called Closed by User.  Thank you for looking into it. 

    Jeff

  • Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi @Jeff_Landers

    I have tried to replicate this in my Lab but have been unable to, I have created an SLO queue for All SR's, and a 48 Hour SLO Timer with 2 Hour warning for that Queue so it applies to all SR's.

    My metric for the SLO is Class = Service Request, Then it is created date to completed date.

    I also created an SR template with no activities as you said in your message, created an SR, it applied the SLO, when I completed the SR the SLO changed from Active state to Met, and when the AutoClose ran it stayed like this.

    Can you confirm the SLO's you are running and what your metrics are?

    Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭

    Shane,  This is happening pretty much across the board.   The tickets even show SLO Status Closed,  SLAInstance Status Active, and no Completed Date in Analytics.(First Image)  With no Completed Date, the SLO clock  won't stop.   I think the problem has more to do with the Completed Date not being written during the close process than anything else.  Below are screenshots of the metrics.  Thank you.  Jeff



  • Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi @Jeff_Landers

    After further investigation I can confirm this is a bug when using the Send Email Task to complete the Service Request and is therefore not an issue with the AutoClose app.

    I have raised a PR for this (PR83931) to be looked into.

    A little bit of extra information is that this was actually the same case for Incidents but this was fixed in 8.11.1 so bear this in mind as you told me you were on 8.9.4.

    Hope this helps,
    Thanks,
    Shane.

Sign In or Register to comment.