Home Analyst Portal

Is it possible to attach more than one "related item" at a time?

Tina_SamsTina_Sams Customer IT Monkey ✭
I know I can add multiple attachments but is it possible to select multiple documents from the file browser and add them all in one go rather than one at a time?

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Tina_Sams

Do you mean like the below:

If so, you can do this by Ctrl Clicking individual items to select more than one or you can click a document, hold shift, click another item further down and it will select all of the ones between your 2 selected as well.

Let me know if this is what you mean.
    Thanks,
    Shane.
  • Tina_SamsTina_Sams Customer IT Monkey ✭
    That is what I mean but it didn't seem to work.... maybe it's me!  I'll have another go.
    Yep, tried it again, it won't select more than one item at a time either with ctrl or with shift...
    Hi @Tina_Sams

Interesting.. I have tried on IE and on Chrome and it lets me do both.

Could you possibly try someone else's machine to see if they get the same thing please?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    OK, I have tried it on IE and Chrome for me and also IE and Chrome on a colleagues machine.  None of them allow multiple selection.
    Hmm! What version of the Portal are you running?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    Current Portal Version: 9.0.3.2016
    Management Pack Version: 7.7.2016.201
    Platform Cache Version: 3009.0.3
    Platform Version: 3.4.11
    Okay well I have got my colleague to check 9.0.3 out and it is not the version of the Portal so I think it must be something local to the machine. So can you try a couple of things for me?

1. Open up file explorer normally (not through attachments) and see if you can select multiple files in here
    2. Have a look through this and see if this helps: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cannot-select-more-than-one-file

What OS are you running? Do you possibly have any GPO's running that couple be preventing this?

Thanks,
    Shane.

If I go through file explorer it works just fine, I can select multiple files using ctrl or shift.

I'm running Windows 10 and I have just tried attaching multiple files to an email and that worked OK.