SCSM Clean House
This is my first upload so be gentle.. I recently read the below blog that @Geoff_Ross posted and thought I would be a little creative and take away some of the manual work!
Basically when you install SCSM for the first time there is a lot of out the box Microsoft clutter that is just annoying when all you really want is a nice clean SCSM environment! So that is exactly what this PowerShell tool does. You can use it to install the latest SMLets from the web if you haven't got it and then it will clean your out of the box SCSM Environment.
The SCSM Clean House tool will make new SCSM installations neat, clean and clear of all the Microsoft out of the box Junk so you can start your new SCSM environment fresh.
This tool will perform the following on your environment:
- Clean out of the box Unsealed Templates
- Clean out of the box Unsealed Email Templates
- Clean out of the box Unsealed Request Offerings
- Clean out of the box Unsealed Work Item Views
- Clean out of the box Unsealed Enumeration Lists
- Rename out of the box Sealed Enumerations for SR's to add (DO NOT USE) on the end
1. Make sure you run on new installs only
2. Make sure it is running on the SCSM Server and not remotely
Let me know if you find it useful.