Homeβ€Ί Analyst Portal
Options

Customizing the interface with HTML5 button shortcuts with "accesskey"

LeeJonesLeeJones Member IT Monkey ✭

On the analyst work items, such as incidents, there are buttons for "save" "apply" and "cancel". Where are the pages to customize this? I want to add accesskey="v" for "save" to the <button> element.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

For example, the HTML for the "save" button might be:

<button class="btn btn-link btn-lg" accesskey="v"><span class="fa fa-check"></span><div>Save</div></button>

• Options

Hi Mikkel, thanks for the assist!

I am still hoping that there is a PHP or other HTML file somewhere that was being called as an include, so I could just customize that file instead of using javascript to insert the keyboard shortcuts...

• Options
  • Options
    Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@LeeJones There isn't such file.

The advantage of doing it with a javascript in the customspace is when you upgrade the portal all other files than customspace files is overwritten so you don't have to worry about your customizations being deleted when upgrading πŸ˜‰

• Options

Hey Mikkel, can you point me at any resources for customizing this? I'd like to underline the key being used as a shortcut, pop a tooltip, anything to make it easier for new analysts to figure out the keyboard shortcut. But instead of asking you to do it, I'd like to figure it out and contribute back to the community.

For example, I'd also like to wrap the task pane on the left with button elements or other triggers and assign shortcut keys with underlines and tooltips. I'm sure you could do that very quickly, but I'd love to figure it out.

• Options

BTW, I'm thinking that I could use shortcut.add to call the function such as "convertToParent" and "assignToMe" because that looks like functions to me, does that sound like the right approach?

• Options
    Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm on vaccation for the next 4 weeks so i'm not able to help until then :)