Home Analyst Portal

Is it not possible to hide a page from navigation menu but still have acces to it?

Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I want to build a custom page but don't want it to be shown in the navigation node but still have access to it by deeplink.

I can't find a combination in hide and visible that will allow me to access it without showing it in the navigation menu - is this by design?

Is the only way around to make to a custom script to hide it?

In my opinion you should to have acces to it even if it's state is hided but still public or assigned to ad group.

Anyone?

Best Answer

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mikkel_Madsen

The example I will use for this is the out of the box home page (as I currently do not have any custom pages in my Lab) with the link to: /ServiceCatalog/Listing/

You should be able to do the following:

1. Set the page settings so that it is not visible
    2. Either choose public or not public (this is just going to set permissions of who can reach the page)
    3. Add in the link for the custom page, in my example this is /ServiceCatalog/Listing/
    4. Navigate to the page by browsing to it, in my example this is https://tv-scsm2019.tv.com/NavigationAdmin

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Shane.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @ShaneWhite i've tried all possible variations of visble and public on both parent and child node. I'll give it a try again when back from holiday in 4 weeks :)

edited July 2019

Hi @Mikkel_Madsen

No worries, let us know what version and everything you are on if it still doesnt work.

Enjoy your holiday! 😀

Thanks,

Shane.

Hi @Shane_White

Old post but still the same issue. My settings:

And when I try to acces the page - even as admin the message is

/mikkel

@Shane_White Your example is making a link to an existing page. My issue is when creating af new page and hide it from then menu to the left.

@Mikkel_Madsen

Could you provide exact steps to how you are seeing this behaviour and I will test it in my lab? :-)

Thanks,

Shane

@Shane_White here is a step by step guide ☺️

edited July 2020

@Shane_White Yes it is an edge case - I was using it in this solution https://community.cireson.com/discussion/5020/add-active-inactive-buttons-to-team-request-page#latest

Hiding it from nav bar is a tool to make a more simple view for end users - too many buttons can make it confusing for "weak" end users.

Currently i'm working on a Operating status page and i'm not sure I wan't to make is visible in the nav bar but instead let the user access it from elsewere in the portal.

but thanks for your answer 🙂

You could just hide it using CSS? It's a bit of a bodge job though, could always hide it using JavaScript to?

I totally agree with the too many buttons argument though! The simpler the better!

Thanks,

Shane

I'm hiding it with javascript in my solution. Making a "hidden node" which I can reuse for other solutions 🙂

Just wanted to know if it was nessecary to do it that way or the out of box functionality was enough.

Ahh okay cool! Sounds like you are ahead of the game already 😉