Open Asset On SQL Dashboard View Grid Click

joivan_hedrickjoivan_hedrick Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

SQL dashboards allow you to create grids of data from any SQL data source. However, when you click on that item to open it, it will open up the default search page for that asset instead of actually opening up the asset. This now allows you to open up any asset in a new tab.

Download is available on github.

https://github.com/Cireson/Community_OpenAssetOnSQLGridClick

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Add config items and knowledge base articles and I can retire my own solution to this. (https://community.cireson.com/discussion/3582/dashboard-tables-open-items-other-than-work-items#latest)

Mine could use an update and some optimization, so I wouldn't mind switching.

• joivan_hedrickjoivan_hedrick Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Good call. I've added functionality for KBs, Dynamic Data, multiple grids, and a few bug fixes. New version is up on github.

• Cory_BoweCory_Bowe Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited July 26

We've been running a modified version of @Tom_Hendricks solution for a while(thanks Tom!), but this new one is smooth like a rich, fragrant, mahogany. Great work @joivan_hedrick. This is the sauce.

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it's time to move to the version from @joivan_hedrick. I am glad mine could hold some of us over for a while, but I think the true replacement has arrived.

And thanks for the excellent visual on this, @Cory_Bowe. I unfortunately now find myself wanting new office furniture that I didn't budget for, though!

• Cory_BoweCory_Bowe Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

@Tom_Hendricks Imagine a big mahogany executive style desk. Who's in that leather high-backed reclining chair? It's you Tom, you. Smooth R&B rolls out of your speakers in the background. Someone walks through the door into your office. You turn your chair from the window to look at them, fingers tented as you swivel. When they see you, you lock eyes. Theirs get wide. They turn around and walk out of your office without ever asking for anything.