Home Service Manager Asset Management Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

User's AM portion of Portal to show all related Assets

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
In the SCSM console after importing AM, the search function gains "Show User Assets." When you click on said button, all of the user's related assets are brought up (hardware, software, computers, custodian, po's, line items, and authorized/licensed assets). However in the portal, a user's page only shows related Software/Hardware/Computer assets.

This request is to bring the portal to closer parity with the Console's Related Assets function.
9 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree Adam.
    Asset Management navigation via the Portal is a work in progress.
    Do you envision this to also provide click through on each of the asset items to drill down in the relationships?
    Example: after showing a hardware asset, click it's related Organization, show that, click that organizations Cost center etc...?
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree Adam.
    Asset Management navigation via the Portal is a work in progress.
    Do you envision this to also provide click through on each of the asset items to drill down in the relationships?
    Example: after showing a hardware asset, click it's related Organization, show that, click that organizations Cost center etc...?
    Yes. Exactly like the console (sans performance :smile: ) Because truthfully what I'm getting at is an area highlighted in this following thread https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/1026#Comment_1026.

Currently in AM (portal/console/the general solution provided by Cireson) there seems to be more of an emphasis on a User -> Software Asset - > License and not necessarily a User -> License relationship directly. It's for this reason that the disparity between "Show Assets" in the console and the portal became noticeable (at least in my opinion).

But overall - yes, the ability to bounce through Configuration Items and their relationships like the console would be huge.
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I see what you are saying for the click through for sure.

However, the User -> Asset -> License relationship is how the product is designed as there can be many licenses associated to one asset.
    This structure allows for many different scenarios that a User -> License style relationship would not allow.
    It does mean that you end up creating a bunch of different Software Assets even for the same software, but it does give you the flexibility to carve up your licenses easily.

Making sure there is simple click through on Associated assets is a great feature request and I think should get plenty more up votes.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just what I was looking to hear (with regards to the relationship "why?"). Always some architectural decision that that becomes clearer once spelled out. Thanks @Brett_Moffett !