Home SQL Server

Services don't seem to start....portal website not showing up

Isabella_MichelIsabella_Michel Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi ,

My server team had some updates last night and now I can't get one of my cireson web interfaces to show up. I have rebooted the servers and everything seems to be up and running and I checked the runbooks to make sure things are working there.Two of my web interfaces show up but one of them will just not come up. Additionally it seems like I can't check the services. They say they're running but I can't use my powershell scripts or anything to actually test the health and whatnot. I'm not getting any response. My guess is it has something do with SQL but I just am having a hard time troubleshooting.

Any help/thoughts would appreciated! Thanks!

Answers

• James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Isabella_Michel,

Is everything working normally in the Console? If it's just the portal having issues check the cachebuilder and the WebConsole logs. You might need to change the logging preferences for the cachebuilder in the Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.exe.config file.

Also you might be better off here just creating a new incident request with Cireson Support for more timely help.

James

• Isabella_MichelIsabella_Michel Customer IT Monkey ✭

It looks like the console is the only server that isn't working. I've tried starting it up but it receives this error:

An internal error has occurred trying to contact the (server name) server: NO_PARAM: NO_PARAM. 

My data center is still having weird problems so there could still be something that is occurring that is out of my control but with everything else up and functioning outside of my Console server and the services that just seem...slow and sometimes responsive that they are running things seem to be functioning on the other platforms.

I hope this makes sense! :) I really appreciate your help.

What do you mean by console server, your management server? Are you getting the NO_PARAM error when launching the Service Manager Console or what are you trying to startup?

James

We have a server with all of our VM's on it and that is the one where I see the error message in the log but it is only for the server that I have the service manager console on.

Ah okay, the console is usually used from an analyst/admin computer separate from the servers. Is the server you're talking about with the console one of your management servers as well? If you're getting an error message simply launching the VM itself then it's probably unrelated to anything with the Service Manager environment and something to do with your hypervisor.

That's what I suspected. Our data center has been having issues but since mostly everything else was working I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I could do on my end.

I appreciate your help and prompt responsiveness.