Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Allow users to override the admin's WorkItem Grid refresh interval

Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Currently, the WorkItem Grid Refresh Interval is system wide feature only. I was just thinking that it might be nice to give the End-User the ability to override the system-wide setting with a new field in the User Preference window.

The system would use the User's Preference setting by default, and if not defined, then would use the Admin's specified setting.

Maybe update the Admin page (if necessary) with a toggle to enable/disable the User preference ability, and/or allow the Admin the ability to specify a minimum value allowed for the User Preference setting.

2 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chris_Chekaluk1

It might not be ideal, but I know there is extensions for Google Chrome to do AutoRefreshes, so this could help as an interim!

• Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks for the input, but the main thing I'm thinking of is that how often the page refreshes is more of an individual user preference, subject to any constraint applied by an Admin. Some users may wish a faster refresh to ensure the most up-to-date content, others may wish a slower refresh in order to keep their view grid groupings, etc. static long enough for them to review their 'My Work' view.

I would not be surprised if the Admin would want to ensure/determine a minimum refresh cycle that nobody could go below. For example, if the Admin feels their infrastructure could only support a 5 minute refresh, then the setting would not allow any user to specify a lower value (i.e. a 1 minute refresh).

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that a Chrome extension for AutoRefresh would work if the user wanted a refresh cycle slower than the current Admin setting.

This request is about allowing each user the ability to determine their own optimal refresh rate, and ensure that the chosen refresh would persist across sessions.

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you are correct, in that case the Admin setting could be set higher and then people that want it quicker use a refresh extension.

But to be honest would probably wouldn't want it too slow! Otherwise the content wouldn't be up to date unless you refreshed the page.

• Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I agree. Too slow could be a problem as users might not know their data is old (unless there's some kind of timer exposed). However, if they set the refresh (assuming they are able to) to 1 hour (for example), they should know not to expect new data for that time period.

Either way, the lack of interest seems indicates where this idea is heading! LOL.