Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Self Service Portal/Analyst Portal - "Submit" on a RO Spins Endlessly

Good Morning,

I installed the Cireson Analyst portal a little while back and we're attempting to put some RO's/SO's on the self service side. When I try to submit any of these items, it basically loads constantly without ever submitting.

I have only ever installed the community Analyst Portal, so I'm not sure if I maybe need to install components from the Self Service community edition as well.

I know it isn't a permissions issue because I have the same offerings on the Microsoft Portal and am able to submit tickets using these offerings. So a few questions

• Do I need to install a Self Service Portal? Does the analyst portal contain that?
  • Are there any logs I can look at to figure out why this might be happening?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Adam,

There aren't any other components you need to install. Does anything show up in your Webconsole log that correlates with saving the ROs? You might also check the browser's dev tools console for errors.

• Adam_HillAdam_Hill Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited January 2020

Hey Justin,

So when I hit F12 to look at browser dev tools I see this error when I hit "Submit" on a ticket.

"SCRIPT5007; Unable to get property 'ControlConfiguration' of undefined or null reference roService.js(5,9)

Not sure what other logs to examine here if any.

EDIT: Also just as a note, I can have analysts create tickets (Blank tickets, filled from template) without issue. It is just the user side of the portal for ticket submittal.

Can anyone offer any further potential insight on this? Other logs I can look at or information I can provide?

This has been awhile but I'm still out of solutions, does anyone have any potential further insight into this? I cannot get tickets to submit on the portal from an RO..Access is right, I can see the RO's with the appropriate users, but no dice.

@Adam_Hill - Can you check that you have all of your questions displayed on RO pages in the layout tab of the ARO wizard? It's possible when you have multiple page layouts to save an ARO without showing all the questions. This might be the situation you're hitting...

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Adam_Hill do you have problem with all of ROs or only some of them? Could you simulate (create RO with affected prompt type causing RO being not able to save)?

Thanks for the responses guys,

So I have a unique situation of having two portals up, the Microsoft and the Cireson. These RO's work successfully in the Microsoft portal, so from a setup perspective these do work, just not through Cireson.

So I create the RO, put it into an SO, and offer it specifically to myself for testing. I can go into the MS Portal and successfully make the offering (Where it is using the correct template, etc). When I go into the same RO in Cireson, I open the RO, click "Save" (This particular RO has no boxes to fill out, it's just essentially a button to request a laptop bag)

When I hit save the screen dark greys with the spinning circles in the middle endlessly. Nothing else seems to happen.

I can create analyst tickets no issue, just these ROs.

Do all questions absolutely have to be displayed for a Cireson Portal RO? I have some that I'm essentially auto-filling in based on the location and offering.

Anything anyone else can offer? I'd love to be able to get this up and running as we're obviously in an excellent time to transition sticky systems away to new ones.

@Justin_Workman

Perfect. That was the solution. I added a display only and it worked great.

A quick follow up question if you have that handy, are required fields also non-functional? I have set up most of my other RO's to have required text fields, but when I fill in values I get an error bounceback of "Required"

No. There shouldn't be any issue with required fields. Is there some kind of string constraint like email address or phone number or Regex?