Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Collapsable Dashboards!

Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Community,

If you are like me you might be finding it difficult to manage large or even small amounts of dashboard widgets on one page, difficulty dragging them around for example!

So I have created a little but very effective customisation that should benefit you quite a lot!

The below customisation just needs to be pasted into custom.js and will work straight away (However I would recommend using the script loader and making it run on pages containing '/Page/', this way it will only target dashboard pages!)

It can be downloaded from the below github repo:

https://github.com/shanewh1te/DashboardCollapse

Hope this helps!

Shane 😁

Comments

• Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing @Shane_White. This as found to be useful in the many dashboards I have been working with.

Community - let us know if tips and tricks like this are helpful to you!

Regards,

Steve

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

@Shane_White

This is awesome, I added the script to Custom Space folder, added the following to custom.js and refreshed the cache and it does not work. Am I missing something?

loadScript("/CustomSpace/custom_DashboardCollapse.js",["Page"]);

The Script Loader is the first code in custom.js and right below it is all the loadScript() functins and below that the nornal js

Edit: In the console I can see that the script is being loaded when on a /Page/ URL

@Steve_Wright

yeah, "tips and tricks" like this awesome. My only consern is that bacause it is custom code it might stop working with future portal updates. But keep em comming, we should be testing before adding code to prod :-)

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Gerhard_Goossens

This is how mine looks! You could just edit the path to your js file!

loadScript("/CustomSpace/DashboardCollapse/DashboardCollapse.js",['/Page/']);

Also, it could just be a timing issue! It is running on an Ajax stop call, but you could add a javascript setTimeout command to increase the time before it loads!

Thanks,

Shane

I did first try it with /Page/ Will add a setTimeout and report back

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gerhard_Goossens

Any luck with this?

Thanks,

Shane