Home Asset Management
Options

Sync Hardware Assets Failing

James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hello,

My workflow for syncing the hardware assets has been failing, after a certain point it comes up with the following messages

2020/04/20 08:26:01.165 - Error - failed to commit current relationship data batch, committing individually
2020/04/20 08:26:01.165 - Error - The client has been disconnected from the server. Please call ManagementGroup.Reconnect() to reestablish the connection.
2020/04/20 08:26:01.181 - Error - The client has been disconnected from the server. Please call ManagementGroup.Reconnect() to reestablish the connection.
2020/04/20 08:26:01.181 - Error - The client has been disconnected from the server. Please call ManagementGroup.Reconnect() to reestablish the connection.
2020/04/20 08:26:01.197 - Error - The client has been disconnected from the server. Please call ManagementGroup.Reconnect() to reestablish the connection.
2020/04/20 08:26:01.197 - Error - The client has been disconnected from the server. Please call ManagementGroup.Reconnect() to reestablish the connection.
2020/04/20 08:26:01.212 - Error - The client has been disconnected from the server. Please call ManagementGroup.Reconnect() to reestablish the connection.
2020/04/20 08:26:01.212 - Error - The client has been disconnected from the server. Please call ManagementGroup.Reconnect() to reestablish the connection.
2020/04/20 08:26:01.212 - Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.ServerDisconnectedException: The client has been disconnected from the server. Please call ManagementGroup.Reconnect() to reestablish the connection. ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

Server stack trace: 
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.ThrowIfDisposedOrNotOpen()
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.IDispatcherService.DispatchUnknownMessage(Message message)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.EntityObjectsServiceProxy.GetRelationshipsByCriteriaWithInstanceQueryOptions(String criteria, String languageCode, InstanceQueryOptions instanceQueryOptions)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ExceptionHandlers.HandleChannelExceptions(Exception ex)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.EntityObjectsServiceProxy.HandleChannelExceptions(String methodName, Exception ex)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.EntityObjectsServiceProxy.GetRelationshipsByCriteriaWithInstanceQueryOptions(String criteria, String languageCode, InstanceQueryOptions instanceQueryOptions)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.InstancesManagement.GetRelationshipObjectsWhereTarget[T](Guid instanceId, ObjectQueryOptions queryOptions)
   at Cireson.AssetManagement.Workflows.SyncHardwareAssets.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

Any ideas what might be causing this? Don't seem to have any other issues with things disconnecting.

Thanks,

James

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks @Adam_Dzyacky!

• Options
    Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

I've the same issue with some ODBC connectors. This errors starts after commiting batched limit rows.

Changing the bath limit doesn''t help. Problem is when i try to update custodian.

I set domain and user login name same as are in scsm "User" class. What is interesting, according to logs some relationship are loged as created and items as updated.

2022/02/02 13:11:33.915 - Created System.ConfigItemOwnedByUser relationship for "Samsung SL-M2022W (0031960)" to "Dominik Olczyk"
    2022/02/02 13:11:33.917 - Updated Cireson.AssetManagement.HardwareAsset "Samsung SL-M2022W (0031960)"

I use Cireson Hardware Assets (views) combined class or full combinend class

@Adam_Dzyacky any ideas how to solve this ? How to update custodian or primary user of HA by other DB?

I used updated SA and SA import module.

• Options
    Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I find some solution that when I change Key to other (not default display name and hardware asset id) than it works.

I can update custodian, primary user and batch size is not a problem here.

Mayby this is an incident?