Home Analyst Portal

I see an 'escalated' checkbox on our IR (incident) work items, but not on SR (service) work items?

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I see an 'escalated' checkbox on our IR (incident) work items, but not on SR (service) work items?

Why wouldn't a Service Request work item not have an 'escalated' check box?

Is it possible to have one added?

Thanks...

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't speak to the decision as to why there isn't an Escalated boolean value for SRs (that's really a Microsoft design question) but you can extend the Class to add one yourself.

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Understood Adam, thanks.

• David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi both,

I'm after doing just this, is there any guidance on doing this sort of thing (extending the class)?

I'm comfortable with doing the action part of what the box would do (runbook etc.), but I've not added boxes/buttons to the portal before.

Cheers.

edited July 2020

Sure thing @David_Johnsen.

1. Open the Service Manager Authoring Tool
    2. Hit the refresh button Class Browser
    3. Search for "Service Request"
    4. Right click on it and select "View"
    5. In the "Management Pack Explorer" section of the Authoring Tool, right click on the "Service Request" class and choose "Extend Class"
    6. Create a new management pack to store this customization/extension in. I'd suggest something to the effect of Company.Service.Request.Extensions. Then hit OK.
    7. Now you can use the button of "Create Property" to create something like "IsEscalated"
    8. Over in the Details tab of this new property, change it from a String to a Bool. You can optionally give this property a Description as well if you'd like.
    9. Right click on the custom management we've created here and choose Seal Management Pack. Choose your output directory, Key File, and any other information you want to sign/write into the mp.
    10. Import this sealed Class Extension MP into SCSM. Bam! all of your Service Requests now have a new bool property. Keep in mind that importing Class Extensions for ANY class in SCSM will shift the Last Modified Date on all objects of that class.

Need a code signing key pair? Open up Visual Studio command prompt and...

sn -k <SNK FILE NAME>.snk

Make sure you keep this key stored somewhere for long term reference/use as you'll need it if you ever want to re-sign the MP/upgrade the MP.

THEN! If you want edit the portal to reflect/work with this new property. Head into your CiresonPortal installer directory. Specifically - .\CiresonPortal\Scripts\forms\templates\. Copy ServiceRequest.js and paste it into .\CiresonPortal\CustomSpace\WorkItem. With this file here, let's open up ServiceRequest.js. Now let's add your custom property somewhere into the page/wherever you should so see fit.

{DataType: "Boolean", "PropertyDisplayname: "Escalated", PropertyName: "WHATEVER YOU CALLED YOUR PROPERTY HERE", Required: "false"}

Amazing @Adam_Dzyacky Thank you!

@Adam_Dzyacky

I implemented this tonight and it worked perfectly!

It doesn't seem to have changed the modified dates either which is good (hopefully nothing I done wrong!! haha).

Amazing guidance, thank you so so much.

edited July 2020

Awesome to hear @David_Johnsen ! But it doesn't seem to have changed the Last Modified Dates on SRs? That is...interesting/I've never heard of that as by definition all of the SR have been modified by virtue of what you've just done. Hrm.

Ok but now that you've extended the class and you're "comfortable with doing the action part of what the box would do (runbook etc.)" What are you making? You gotta share with the class now 🙂