Home CMDB Portal
Options

Hard code Affected user into IR template

Dean_LinternDean_Lintern Customer IT Monkey ✭

We have a single Incident Request RO, that we would like to hard code in the Affected User so it always set this person as Affected User for this specific offering. The template to the Request Offering lets you set Affected User. But this is overwritten i'm guessing by code that always sets Affected user to Created by User if 'Create on Behalf of' is not used.

My question is, is there a way to get this to always use the Affected User that is hard coded into the template of this RO.

Thought I would ask in case there is an easy way around this before time is spent on either powershell or runbook scripting.

I have already hidden the 'Raise on behalf of' to ensure it always goes to this person once working.

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dean_Lintern - No there's not a way to have the Affected User on the template "survive" the RO process. Using a Runbook or Powershell Activity to find the CreatedBy User and setting the Affected User to that user is probably the way to go.

• Options
    Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

There is another way where you override the save button and commit the work item with the portal API. This way you can control the affected user and possible other properties as well.

I have done this on a few occasions but it will require some custom JavaScript so in terms of “easy way around” perhaps it easier with PowerShell after all 🙂