Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Service catalog is not filtered

I have a problem since any user who login in the portal can see all the services catalog and they are not filtered based on the catalog groups defined in Service Manager.

In Microsoft's own self-service portal the catalog of services is shown filtered based on the groups defined in Service Manager.

Any idea what is wrong??

Answers

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Maybe something wrong with Cireson Cache Builder service. Did you try to restart it or look into its logs?

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@ntroya - Only the scoping of Service Offering will be honored. For example let's say I have a group called Group and a Service Offering called SO and 2 request offerings called RO1 and RO2 that are members of SO. If I have make SO and only RO1 members of Group and scope a role on Group, both RO1 and RO2 will be displayed in the portal because the portal will display all members of SO.

Also, to @Peter_Miklian 's point, any time you change the ROs, SOs, or potentially the Catalog Group membership, you will likely need to restart the cachebuilder service.

I hope this helps!

@Justin_Workman are you saying that Cireson portal is worse than the default portal from Microsoft? 🙄😄

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Not worse. Just a different behavior.

• ntroyantroya Member IT Monkey ✭

Thanks for yours replies.

thats is the key. "Only the scoping of Service Offering will be honored"

Mark as answer so everyone can see it at first sight :)

• Dorrell_McNeilDorrell_McNeil Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hey @Justin_Workman Is this still the same scoping behavior in regard to RO-level scoping vs SO-level scoping? We're about to open our portal up to more than just sysadmin's and were looking for a way (outside of various new SO's) to display different RO's...I tried to find a recent-ish post pertaining to this.

including @William_Hollins for situational awareness.