Home General Discussion

Sneak Peek: Integrating Teams to Service Manager

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 27 in General Discussion

If you haven't seen it already, I've posted roadmaps for the rest of the year and we're hard at work on delivering a Teams integration to Service Manager. So I'm excited to share with the community an early look at what we have so far.

I want to be clear that this is something that is in active development and does not represent the final release. As always, we welcome your feedback.

Comments

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Excited for the integration! 😊 Side note: I'd like to see the affected user on the adaptive cards 😋

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Looks very cool! Here are my notes which came to my mind while watching the video:

1. icons and text are too big, too few tickets are show in Teams when looking into etc.
    2. I'd like to see more details when showing tickets queue, like created date, affected user, etc. This could be customizable in some setting sections (and in general: I hope this Teams integration plugin will have some settings page for all options in the portal admin interface)
    3. comment author seems to be some service account. Could this be changed to the actual Teams user? The second comment contains Adam's name in the comment text so I hope it would be possible to pull it and put it into the author's name. Comments with/without leading author's name aren't consistent
    4. when adding comment the second way (write message in Teams chat, then select to add it as comment), I'd like to see more details about current opened ticket to be sure not to add comment to wrong ticket

Sneak peek videos are great way to acquaint customers with ongoing functions and what's Cireson working on right now. It's worth separate section in the community forum with previews or create a new section for any new/planned functions starting by first thread = preview video/screenshots. Keep going this way!

• Michelle_UnderwMichelle_Underw Customer IT Monkey ✭

Will this work in the GCC for Government agencies?

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3

Just some follow ups for everyone -

1. icons and text are too big, too few tickets are show in Teams when looking into etc.
      1. In everyone's opinion, what do you think is min and/or max count that should be the default result set. 5? 10? More? I understand icon size could change this answer. Curious either way.
    2. I'd like to see more details when showing tickets queue, like created date, affected user, etc. This could be customizable in some setting sections (and in general: I hope this Teams integration plugin will have some settings page for all options in the portal admin interface)
      1. We will have a central Teams Settings page where the bot's properties are configured. As far as custom data goes, it is something we are looking into.
    3. comment author seems to be some service account. Could this be changed to the actual Teams user? The second comment contains Adam's name in the comment text so I hope it would be possible to pull it and put it into the author's name. Comments with/without leading author's name aren't consistent
      1. Just demo accounts/I was authorized as a different user to the portal. As it functions right now/today - the initial portal authentication you perform with the bot is the account that will be interacting with SCSM. So the "Comment By" user would in fact be the correct one. Keen eyes @Peter_Miklian!
    4. when adding comment the second way (write message in Teams chat, then select to add it as comment), I'd like to see more details about current opened ticket to be sure not to add comment to wrong ticket
      1. Could you define "current opened ticket" here? Interested in others thoughts here as well.
    5. Will this work in the GCC for Government agencies?
      1. Great question as their are some limitations in these clouds. Microsoft's current position is that Application and Application Publishing are not available in DOD or GCC clouds for Teams at this time as described here. I'll update this thread further once I can get more information.