Home Analyst Portal - Community
Options

Creating custom queue for service manager

Hello there,

to create a custom queue based on your custom type projection you have to edit the xml directly, as it is discribed here. What I did, was creating a queue based on a default class and followed the syntax, similar to the tutorial I provided in the link. But unfortunately my queue doesn't effects my user role. Does any one did so before and has an working example for , because unfortunately the sources in the tutorial aren't download able.

Best Answer

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Steffen_Dobritz - I can't see a TP based on Work Item in the New Queue wizard either! I expect this is an intentional restriction by Microsoft not wanting you to build queues encompassing multiple work item classes.

Answers

• Options

@Steffen_Dobritz - 2 things: 1st, there is a note on that blog that says the functionality was added to SCSM 2010 sp1. Combination Classes are absolutely available in v2016 and forward. I would say you shouldn't have to do any XML editing to make this work. Second, you mentioned the User Role isn't being affected by the queue, did you ensure that the the Role only has this queue and not some other queue that might "overlap"?

• Options
    Steffen_DobritzSteffen_Dobritz Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited September 2020

1) the custom type-projection is not available via the "creating queue wizzard" (Combination Classes Tab). But the same type-projection is available and do things as expected if u would creating a view.

2) I ensure that the queue hasn't any effect because the role has same access right without any queue.

Did u ever create a custom queue and probably can u provide a working example of your queue?

• Options

@Steffen_Dobritz - Is the MP where your Type Projection is located sealed?

• Options

I was able to make a queue based on a custom Type Projection and have a new user role restricted by that queue. I imported an unsealed MP with the projection in it.

The projection was based on incident and had Primary Owner as a component. I created a queue bound to that projection where the Primary Owner's company could not be empty.

I created a new user role that only had that queue selected. I added a single user to that role that was in no other groups and therefore no other user roles.

I navigated to an incident that didn't have a primary owner. The user got the failed message. I added a Primary Owner and gave the cachebuilder a minute to catch up, then went back to the same incident as the user in the new role and he was then able to see it.

• Options
    edited September 2020

@Steffen_Dobritz - Is the MP where your Type Projection is located sealed?

Yes, I sealed this MP. As I can see in your example you didn't sealed it. Is this the reason for, that I has no access to my custom combination class in the wizzard?

• Options

@Steffen_Dobritz - I'm not sure why you can't see your custom TP. You should be able to see it especially if it's sealed. If you look at the XML for the unsealed MP, is there a display string for the TP in the language you're using in the console?

• Options
    edited September 2020

there a display string for the TP in the language you're using in the console?

There is and it is possible to select the TP through the creating view wizzard, as I mentioned in my second answer. Though would you mind to create your custom TP on the WorkItem- not Incident-Class and see if u can select the TP in the queue wizzard as well?

• Options
    Answer ✓

@Steffen_Dobritz - I can't see a TP based on Work Item in the New Queue wizard either! I expect this is an intentional restriction by Microsoft not wanting you to build queues encompassing multiple work item classes.