Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Deploy software by adding a computer as member of an AD software install group.

We always deploy software to computers by configuring an AD membership.

Our helpdesk engineers will never get permissions to edit AD group memberships.

Therefore we have tried to use Remote Support and the feature to execute a PowerShell script to deploy software by making a computer member of an AD group. But it seems to be a powershell limitation to be able to execute powershell AD commands on computers.

Steps I do: search for a computer 'ICT2400', click on the powershell icon, select an AD powershell script in the dropdownlist. Executions gives me errors.

The script line is Get-ADGroupMember -Identity $ADInstallGroup -Recursive | select name

The error is: unable to connect the server. This may be because this server does not exist, it is currently down, or does not have the Active Directory Web Services running.

The script is running fine on my own pc in PowerShell ISE and also on the Cireson Remote Support server.

I raised an incident to Cireson Support, but the development team suggested to add this as a feature request.

The idea would be similar like adding a user to an AD group, to be able to do the same for a computer. This is not possible right now in Remote Support.

Kind regards,

Frederik

3 votes

Submitted · Last Updated