Home Cireson Uploads

"Get User Roles" Task in the SCSM Console

Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an MPB that once imported gives the ability to administrators to see what Security Roles a user is a member of based on what AD groups they are a member of.

Download here:

https://github.com/justinkwork/GetUserRoles/releases/download/1.0.0.15/JKW.Tasks.User.GetSecurityRoles.mpb

Comments

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

This is an awesome addition, I know I'm going to be using this a lot. Thanks!

Although I get an invalid displayname for some userroles:

I'm not really sure why, as SMLets return the correct DisplayName, and the implementation there is using the same emg.Security.GetUserRoles() method. Maybe a localization thing?

It's also not possible to scroll, because the dataGrid is disabled. You could use the IsReadOnly property instead (and maybe apply a style, so the visuals match), so scrolling is still enabled.

And for some users, I'm getting an object reference exception:

Date: 15-10-2020 15:02:12
    Application: System Center Service Manager
    Application Version: 10.19.1035.0
    Severity: Error
    Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task, List`1 parameterList)
      at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task)
      at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

Would you rather have these as GitHub issues?

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Konstantin_Slavin-Bo - Thanks for the feedback! You can do Github issues so I can track them appropriately!

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're right about localization for the DisplayName of the role. I created a role in another language then switched my console back to English and I didn't have anything at all for that role's name in the grid. However, there wasn't a DisplayName in SMLets either.....