Home Analyst Portal

Hide 'Work Item' Search at top of portal

Dean_LinternDean_Lintern Customer IT Monkey ✭

We have two analyst roles segregated, one which allows all searches, sql groups etc.

And a another role with stripped out views. With this one we are trying to remove the 'Search Work Item' at the top of the portal. Have found some info on doing this in css but this will remove it for all.

Does anyone know of a way to remove it just from one of these analyst user roles that are defined under 'user roles' in SCSM console?

Best Answer

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Dean_Lintern

How are you? Still a Hueligan?

You'll need a little bit of custom JS that checks the roles and applied that CCS you already have dependant on the user. You cannot query SCSM 'User Roles' from the Portal as its unaware of them but you can query AD group using the Group APIs so you can check if a user is in the 'Full Analyst' AD Group and if not, hide the WorkItem search option.

Geoff

Answers

Answer ✓

Hey @Dean_Lintern

How are you? Still a Hueligan?

You'll need a little bit of custom JS that checks the roles and applied that CCS you already have dependant on the user. You cannot query SCSM 'User Roles' from the Portal as its unaware of them but you can query AD group using the Group APIs so you can check if a user is in the 'Full Analyst' AD Group and if not, hide the WorkItem search option.

Geoff

• Dean_LinternDean_Lintern Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Geoff, not for a while but you have just reminded me I have a load in stock I need to get through haha. Will make a start on it again ;)

Thank you for your steer!. Hopefully we can figure it out now based on this

Awesome! On both counts.