Home Analyst Portal

Clear old items from the portal

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Analyst Portal

I have items that are closed, dating back to 2019 that have not been modified since 2019. I guess the portal caches them for longer. Can someone provide some back ground on why and if there is a simple way to clear them?

In my example, its the closed section of My Requests. Many of them can be opened because they have been archived. As we have some listed so far back the view lists the full 500. It would be nice to list just those that are active or recently closed.

Best Answer

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Sean_Terry

There is no automatic purging of old items from the WorkItem table - the Portal's cache of work items that populate the grids.

You can manually purge everything and resync the 'live' stuff using the below.

TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified
    TRUNCATE TABLE WorkItem

--More info here: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#/

I'm sure there's a more elegant solution possible that just clears out the older stuff though.

Geoff

Answers

Answer ✓

Hi @Sean_Terry

There is no automatic purging of old items from the WorkItem table - the Portal's cache of work items that populate the grids.

You can manually purge everything and resync the 'live' stuff using the below.

TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified
    TRUNCATE TABLE WorkItem

--More info here: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#/

I'm sure there's a more elegant solution possible that just clears out the older stuff though.

Geoff

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Geoff_Ross Thanks for the reply. I tried this in our test environment but restarting the cachebuilder didn't repopulate the table.

@Sean_Terry Did the lastmodified table repopulate? How long did you give it?

edited January 2021

@Geoff_Ross The Last Modified table repopulated but the work item table didn't. It's been about an hour.

No cachebuilder or web console errors at all.

@Geoff_Ross It worked 2nd time around :)