Home Analyst Portal

User Management on the Webportal

Adam_StoppaAdam_Stoppa Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

i have a questions about User-Management on the Webportal.

Is there a way to get extended information about a User on the Webportal ?

It is about reading User-specific information from AD or from a database link this and displaying it on the Portal.

Something like the Asset Management but for AD or SCSM-User?

Thanks

Adam

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Adam_Stoppa

This is possible with the CMDB portal features / licence. You can view any CI from SCSM and all its properties and relationships. What exactly are you trying to do?

Geoff

• Adam_StoppaAdam_Stoppa Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Geoff,

i try to get extended User-Informations from different sources and display this in a Service Request on the Webportal.

Adam

• James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Adam_Stoppa,

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do? What extended information are you trying to get? You say from different sources, what sources?

Then you want to display it in a Service Request, does that mean you just want to add additional information about a user to their service requests so the analysts can see some info they need?

James

• Adam_StoppaAdam_Stoppa Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi, James,

the source is basically the active directory. Later there should be something else like a sql data base.

Adam

• James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Adam_Stoppa

Does the built in user page not have the information you're looking for? I think as long as you verify the extended information is syncing into the portal with the AD connector you can edit the template page for /user/UserRelatedInfoById/ to show the information you want to see.

James