Home Analyst Portal
Options

Having required fields on your custom incident.js

Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Analyst Portal
Upon running my reports for the first time, I can see that the analysts are just ignoring the classification and not setting it. My manager will not be pleased with this, I can make the field required but my issue is I have a extended field I use for incidents relating to another area, and if i was to make a hidden field required it will stop you from saving the form.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• Options
    joivan_hedrickjoivan_hedrick Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    It sounds like you have a couple options:
     - Hide the internal field on the form, and move the classification field to a location on the incident form where your analysts will see it (usually the General tab), and make it required. 
     - If you dislike making the field required, then you'll have to address the incorrect/missing classifications after the fact. Perhaps set the field on the IR templates to use a default value. When this field appears in any of your reports, gently harass your analysts to change the classification on all of their past incidents. 
  • Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @joivan_hedrick on this one.
    Promote your custom field to the front screen of the form and make it a required field or harass your analysts.
    a good harassment technique is to send them an email and reopen\reassign the IR to them until they enter the data.
    they will soon learn. :)