Home Service Manager
Options

Want to import Review Activity Reviewer comment into SR Notification.

Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

I am looking to do a SR notification if a review activity is rejected. I understand that I cannot send a Review notification to the affected user of the Service Request, because the RA is a child of the SR. However, can I pull in the reviewer's comments into a SR notification? This would allow me send a notification to the Affected User. If so, could you please demonstrate, because everything I have tried as failed. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓

Adam,

Thank you for the reply.

I was able to accomplish what I was after. For anyone else that is looking for this solution:

$Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItem.Activity.ReviewActivity']/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.ReviewActivityHasReviewer' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.Reviewer']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.Reviewer']/Comments$

This will allow you to access a Reviewer's comments from a Denied Review Activity.

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I've typically done something like this with Orchestrator wherein you:

1. Monitor for Failed Review Activities (thereby gaining you access Reviewers and their Notes)
    2. On Fail, get the Parent Work Item
      1. The parent could be a Service Request or Change Request
    3. Notify the Affected User if an SR, notify the Creator if a Change Request

Since the starting block here is an RA, you would be grabbing the Comment at the very beginning and then be able to do whatever you want with it downstream. This approach provides some room to grow because it works for two Work Item types in a single runbook. Build once. Use many!

• Options
    Answer ✓

Adam,

Thank you for the reply.

I was able to accomplish what I was after. For anyone else that is looking for this solution:

$Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.WorkItem.Activity.ReviewActivity']/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.ReviewActivityHasReviewer' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.Reviewer']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.Reviewer']/Comments$

This will allow you to access a Reviewer's comments from a Denied Review Activity.

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭