Home Service Manager

User can't approve Review Activity

Moritz_FreiMoritz_Frei Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited October 2021 in Service Manager

Hello Guys,

since a few weeks we get from different users reports, that they can't approve a review Activity.

The users have all the same permissions, this only happens to few different RAs. Also when another users(admin) tries to approve it over the request this works. It also doesn't help when an admin resaves the RA and the user tries again to approve it.

Has anyone an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Moritz_Frei

v9.4 is a very old version and there have been numerous fixes implemented in the code since that version.

I suggest upgrading to the latest baseline (Stable) version of the portal and seeing if the problem persists. If you are seeing performance or stability issues in the most recent baseline version of the portal please report it to Support@Cireson.com so the team can assist you with the issues.

Answers

Hi @Moritz_Frei

This looks like a scoped access issue that the CacheBuilder service is either failing to finish or is int he process of re-freshing when they user is attempting to access it.

What version of the portal are you running?

There have been some big improvements in the CacheBuilder code in the most recent versions of the portal and these might address these issues for you.

• Moritz_FreiMoritz_Frei Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank you for the answer.

I already checked the CacheBuilder log file. There are no errors. We now have one user, that has this problem since a few days on different review activitys. Thats why I think the problem shouln't be the refreshing process.

We run the portal on version 9.4.5.2016. We know thats a very old version but at the moment we are not able to update to a newer version due to performance/unstable issues.

Answer ✓

Hi @Moritz_Frei

v9.4 is a very old version and there have been numerous fixes implemented in the code since that version.

I suggest upgrading to the latest baseline (Stable) version of the portal and seeing if the problem persists. If you are seeing performance or stability issues in the most recent baseline version of the portal please report it to Support@Cireson.com so the team can assist you with the issues.