Home Advanced Request Offering
Options

Service Offering Category not showing up

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in Advanced Request Offering

I have a problem with my published Request offerings in our new environment we are building currently.

When I create a new Service Offering and add it to the "General" category, everything is fine. I see , at first, the General text and then below the Service Offering + below the published Request Offering.

But when I create a new Category e.g. "Internal IT Services", I only see the Service Offering and the piblished Request offering. There is no category showing up. I ran the Cache Builder Sync for Service Catalog already and nothing changed.

Does anyone know what might be the problem here?

Best Answer

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

How much time are you allotting between changing and checking?

There are two factors that present when making changes like this, first the cache builder pulling in the new enumeration into the ServerManager DB. This in controled by the cache builder config file

\CiresonPortal\bin\Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.exe.config

Look for this row

<cacheCommand name="EnumLookup" threadName="ENUM" refreshInterval="1440" batchSize="5000" />

The 1440 is once every 24 hours. In our Testing (UAT) farm we modified this to

<cacheCommand name="EnumLookup" threadName="ENUM" refreshInterval="10" batchSize="5000" />

So when making design changes it should be in the database 10 minutes after changing

Next you have the app pool refresh.

IIS\Application Pools\Cireson

The default is once every 25 hours. Works fine for production but for the UAT enviroment we modifed to every 1 hour.

Both of these can be manually kicked to allow the change to appear quicker but this should help on where to look.

Answers

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

How much time are you allotting between changing and checking?

There are two factors that present when making changes like this, first the cache builder pulling in the new enumeration into the ServerManager DB. This in controled by the cache builder config file

\CiresonPortal\bin\Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.exe.config

Look for this row

<cacheCommand name="EnumLookup" threadName="ENUM" refreshInterval="1440" batchSize="5000" />

The 1440 is once every 24 hours. In our Testing (UAT) farm we modified this to

<cacheCommand name="EnumLookup" threadName="ENUM" refreshInterval="10" batchSize="5000" />

So when making design changes it should be in the database 10 minutes after changing

Next you have the app pool refresh.

IIS\Application Pools\Cireson

The default is once every 25 hours. Works fine for production but for the UAT enviroment we modifed to every 1 hour.

Both of these can be manually kicked to allow the change to appear quicker but this should help on where to look.

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hello Brian,

yes I started the service catalog sync manually via the "Admin Settings" Cache Builder Maintenance Tasks.

But I think it will be the app pool refresh :) As one of my older categories is showing and just the new ones do not, I think your are absolutely right.

Thanks for your answer dude :)