Home Service Manager

Build Queue based on MA Extension

Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

I am attempting build a Queue based on an extension value. However, I don't seem to yield any results when I select the extension as a criteria. Is this not possible? I know that the Queues are working because I can select the "Title" for criteria and yield the correct results. Any ideas would be appricated.


  • Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hi @Eric_Evans

    Extensions to work item classes should appear in the class for you to choose values to filter Queues on and then the queues should be just returning the items that comply with your search criteria.

    How are you viewing what work items are, or are not, being returned for the queue?

    The fact that this isn't working or not returning any data, I wonder if the data is valid or not. A SQL query to the database might be able to see the issue and why the values are not being found.

    If you can provide more information on what the extension is and how you are using it for creating a queue I can see if I can reproduce in a lab environment and validate your approach.

  • Options
    Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭

    I made an extension with a simple field "Orphaned" and gave it a value of "true". I then selected the criteria in my Queue and gave it a value of "is not empty". I tested this theory by creating a view with the same criteria, and was able to see the MAs expected. Justin Workman also confirmed my findings stating that a criteria based on an extension did not work for him as well.

    I have a workaround where I am excluding Activities with key words, but that requires me to modify a MP manually every time I make a new request offering containing its own activities.

Sign In or Register to comment.