License View with Assigned User
I have a software with several different single-user licenses. I'm trying to create a view that would allow me to quickly see which user is assigned which license.
I'm hoping to be able to get away from an Excel spreadsheet that is currently used for these licenses and I'd like to use Asset Management. But I will be asked occasionally for a report on how many licenses are being used and by which users. I'd like a view that will display this without me having to open each license manually and going to the "assignment" tab which takes time.
I can create a view with a "license has assigned user" criteria, but I'm not able to then display this property in the view. Anyone have any ideas how I could achieve this?
You are struggling because the 'Assigned to User' is a 'to many' relationship. I know that in your scenario, you just have one user per license but of course its possible to assign multiple users to a multiple seat licence. This means you cannot select it as a column as its not just one object, but a list of objects.
I'm struggling to think how this could be done in the console. Do you use the Cireson Web Portal for your asset management. I think it could be possible to create a custom view in that based of a SQL query,
Yeah that makes sense, I had a feeling that was the root of the issue.
We do use the Cireson Web Portal for all our asset management, I'm the only one that will use the console, mostly to create new catalog items, etc. But our day to day tasks are all done in the portal. I'm not an expert on building custom queries, but I'm usually pretty good at figuring it out with some trial and error. If you have any references you could suggest that would help point me in the right direction that would be great, but I don't want to take up too much of your time.
What I've resorted to doing now is I made a view that will display the licenses "Owned By User". It's an extra step that I gotta do and a little more time consuming (adding the user to the assignments tab, then also adding the user as the license owner) but it gives me more or less what I want as an end result.