Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Manage Your Hardware Assets

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2021 in Community Uploads

In our company Hardware Assets like PCs, Notebooks, Displays etc. are internally charged with fees.

The problem is, that users may request new hardware without any reason, and as long the manager approves the request, it is possible to possess e.g. 5 clients. So my manager had the idea to let end users set their "asset purpose". First we wanted to do implement that with a request offering, but relatively early, we saw, that the user experience is not what we expected. So I decided to implement our own Asset (Purpose) Management with the help of kendo UI, javascript and the Cireson API. After some knockdowns I finished it and could successfully test it with Analyst and Non-Analyst users.

I took some code (For example the viewpanel and view Javascript files) from the change calender and changed them a bit, but the rest is mostly code from the Telerik documentation and Dr. Google :D

Important note: In order for the dropdown list to work properly, an initial value for the current purpose (before any user might change it) has to be defined and assigned to all HW Assets - This might also be an empty string, just not NULL. I did that with a small powershell script. If the value is not set to any value, the purpose dropdown throws an error in the console.

This was my first try with javascript an the Cireson API, so improvement suggestions are much appreciated :)

Comments