Home Analyst Portal

Support Group Notifications not Sending (Create Incident / Service Request)

jodi_waldjodi_wald Member IT Monkey ✭

We are finding that some of our newly created AD groups that are mapped to Support Groups in console are not working. The members of the AD groups are not getting an email when a work item (incident or service request) is assigned to their support group. Are there specific settings on the Active Directory or Exchange side that need to be set in order for those accounts to receive e-mail from the Cireson Portal?

I've looked at the following in the Console. The Support Group is assigned on the Template. The Support Groups are mapped to the AD groups (in Cireson - Console App Tier Mappings and in Cireson - Portal Group Mapping Settings). I looked at Administration -> Workflows and see that the "Cireson Create Incident Support Group Notification Workflow" was successful for the newly created incident.

Best Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @jodi_wald

Have you checked the Notify Analyst Logs?

Geoff

• jodi_waldjodi_wald Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

I was able to find out that there are 2 Configuration items created for those DLs that are not working. After updating the “Cireson – Console App Tier Mappings” to the other one, the notifications are working now.

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @jodi_wald

Have you checked the Notify Analyst Logs?

Geoff

Took me awhile to try to figure out how to turn on capturing the Notify Analyst logs (reference: https://kb.cireson.com/article/install-notify-analyst/1). I was able to get log results (see portion of the log file below). Not sure how to fix it.

Tier property name is TierQueue

Successfully built Tier Mappings for this class

About to get domain context using AD server or FQDN of "AC"

Looking for an AD group with SID=S-1-5-21-1261802071-3595910187-2531752481-60286

No matching group was found

Completed

Answer ✓

I was able to find out that there are 2 Configuration items created for those DLs that are not working. After updating the “Cireson – Console App Tier Mappings” to the other one, the notifications are working now.