Home Analyst Portal
Options

Is there a way to remove the header information in a request offering or change formatting?

Daniel_ClarkDaniel_Clark Customer IT Monkey ✭

So much space is wasted at the top of the request offering that it forces the user to scroll the page to complete a simple form. Is there a way to remove or reduce the size of the headers and sub headers before the questions start?

Best Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Daniel_Clark

You could sure hide or restyle with css but also if you don't provide a description, that whole section is not rendered (to avoid showing a header with no text).

Looking at that particular description, I'm not sure what value its adding so you could just remove it in the RO - this would of course effect the home page depending on your chosen view.

Geoff

• Options
    Answer ✓

Removing the description helped, but can you also hide the header and sub headers using CSS?

• Options
    Answer ✓

I was able to modify the custom.css file with these lines to hide the headers:

.ro-description.panel {display: none}

.page_bar.clearfix {display: none}

.panel-heading {display: none}

.page.form-wizard.ng-scope article section h3 {display: none}

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

Hi @Daniel_Clark

You could sure hide or restyle with css but also if you don't provide a description, that whole section is not rendered (to avoid showing a header with no text).

Looking at that particular description, I'm not sure what value its adding so you could just remove it in the RO - this would of course effect the home page depending on your chosen view.

Geoff

• Options
    Answer ✓

Removing the description helped, but can you also hide the header and sub headers using CSS?

• Options
    Answer ✓

I was able to modify the custom.css file with these lines to hide the headers:

.ro-description.panel {display: none}

.page_bar.clearfix {display: none}

.panel-heading {display: none}

.page.form-wizard.ng-scope article section h3 {display: none}

• Options

Some of those might have knock on effects on other pages of the portal but sounds like you are on the right track.