Home Orchestrator
Options

Connect to mailbox to get emails

VikVik Member IT Monkey ✭

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup a runbook that will connect to a mailbox (Exchange 2013) and get emails, check for the sender and attachments. I am trying to use Get Item or Monitor Item, but it seems that I can't figure the Item Selection property. Is there a configuration i am missing? And what route is best to achieve the above?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Options
    Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Do you have the mailbox already configured under Options -> Exchange User (or which ever integration pack)?

• Options

Hi @Matt_Howard1 , yes I have a mailbox configured in Exchange User. Does Orchestrator need Exchange connector or EWS API too?

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

What does your exchange user configuration look like?

• Options
    edited February 2022

@Vik - I found that I had to create my config as 'Exchange Configuration (Item Activity)' to Get Attachments/Messages. You can see the difference in the screenshot from @Brian_Wiest

• Options

Thanks @Brian_Wiest and @Matt_Howard1 , 'Exchange Configuration (Item Activity) was the missing piece.

Is there a way of grabbing the senders' address and an attachment from an email with any of these Items?

I've tried this way for attachment but it fails.

Many thanks in advance

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use any of those automation's as I found exchange user to be very very limiting.

I use Power Automate to pull attachments out of shared mailboxs and then the Data Gateway to use on premise.

However that Get Item should return the message ID which you should be able to pass into a Get Item for the message details.

• Options

You may have use 'Run .NET Script' and use the EWS Managed API to pull the attachments. Get Item in Exchange User works for getting the messages, but it looks like it fails to pull the attachments correctly. It knows there are files attached, but doesn't present them.