Home Advanced Request Offering

Datetime Format leads to error when mapping from a Datetime Picker

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We recognized, that the date format from a Datetime picker is different than in version 9.

In the userinput it is shown for example as 2022-04-13T22:02:00.000Z

We could work around this format, as we just mapped the userinput into a custom exstension field from type datetime.

Since version 11.4.1 we receive the following error message whenever we map a date into one of these extension date fields:

2022-04-11 15:19:09,710, ERROR [ 53]: The zDate01 property caused an exception and cannot be set.

2022-04-11 15:19:09,732, ERROR [ 53]: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

  at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)

  at Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL.ObjectProperties.SetObjectValue(EnterpriseManagementObject emo, ManagementPackClass mpc, String propertyName, JToken currentState, Boolean isIOStream, String baseId, Boolean isNew)


Has anyone else received that error as well? Is this a Cireson issue/bug or is there something wrong in our system?

Answers

  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Simon_Zeinhofer - Can you validate that the above formatting is what's being mapped into the custom date field? I expect that format to be able to parse into a date. Maybe try mapping it to a string field first to see what you're getting.

  • Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    Hello Justin,

    when we map the Date into a custom string field it has the following format:

    dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm

    For example when I select the 14th of April, this is mapped into the zString field: 14.04.2022 00:02

  • Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

    @Justin_Workman

    I found out why this happens.

    As I have my language set to english and my datetime settings to german, everytime I pick a date in a datetime picker, the day and month are switched - So if I type in 5th of April, it will be converted to 4th of March, as well as 2 hours are added to it (which I don't know why as well). So when I pick e.g. the 22nd of April it throws an error, as it would be converted to 4th of the 22nd month.

    When my colleague does the same, it works, as his datetime settings are set to english. But also there 2 hours are added to the selection.

    I opened a ticket about this, but maybe someone has the same issue and might help.

Sign In or Register to comment.