Home Asset Management
Options

Asset Management without Computer Objects

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Hello guys,

in our company we do not use the AD Computer Objects and Software/Software Updates Objects for anything, except for the Primary User update via MEMCM connectors. Further down the line the primary user will be updated in the Hardware Asset Sync workflow.

Now we have the following situation, that the primary user will not be synced sometimes. I have to say, we delete AD and MEMCM objects when a client gets "resetted" (means it will be reinstalled) but the computer object won't be touched. Only the Hardware Asset will be modified (but not deleted) when "resetted" and then again when the installation is complete.

So I had the idea to completely delete the AD computer objects and build our own "connector", which syncs the information directly inside the Hardware Asset. As we do not use the computer or software objects for anything, this just fills our database for nothing. My question here is: Will this affect our asset management? Is there anything beside the sync workflows (which i disabled today) where the Hardware Assets in cireson rely on the Windows Computer and Software objects?

Best Answer

• Options
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

For anyone reading this:

DO NOT DELETE ALL COMPUTE OBJECTS! I did a big mistake and deleted all windows computer objects in a bulk of 1000. Doing this, I deleted the workflowserver computer object as well - My event viewer was full of error messages and all workflows failed. Seems like the functionality of the Workflow server also depends on this computer object.

Snapshot did the trick and everything is working fine again ;-)

Answers

• Options
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

For anyone reading this:

DO NOT DELETE ALL COMPUTE OBJECTS! I did a big mistake and deleted all windows computer objects in a bulk of 1000. Doing this, I deleted the workflowserver computer object as well - My event viewer was full of error messages and all workflows failed. Seems like the functionality of the Workflow server also depends on this computer object.

Snapshot did the trick and everything is working fine again ;-)