Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Consistency is Key Code Share from Innovate 2022

Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my code from my Innovate 2022 session - Consistency is Key: Consuming Data & Connecting Systems with PowerShell

Comments

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the links from our presentation as well.

• Zachary_KingZachary_King Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello @Justin_Workman, in the Innovate Session you mentioned extending a class and adding a InputJSON property so that you could map the Service Request output (assuming you mean when mapping the user prompts) and retrieve it in JSON format. Could you elaborate on how you were able to do this? Also does this mean you are doing so with a Request Offering that was created as a Cireson Advance Request Offering?

I can see how powerful it would be to be able to get the data of the request offering as JSON for later commands in Powershell.

Any guidance would be helpful as I am familiar with working with JSON and Web APIs but new to Service Manager.

Thank you

-Zach

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Zachary_King! By "extending the class" I mean adding a text property for holding my JSON. The easiest way is to use the SCSM Authoring tool. Here is a resource on extending classes. I am talking about using Cireson's Advanced Request Offering and specifically the multiple mapping feature. I set up the JSON structure in the field with the output of a given prompt. Here's an example from the Offering I built for the session:

I hope this helps!

• Zachary_KingZachary_King Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hey @Justin_Workman This is perfect! Thank you for the insight, the screenshots are extremely helpful. With Advanced Request Offerings extending to Change Requests, this is going to be great to leverage future automations.

Thanks again!