Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Ability to Customize My Work/Team Work Views with Custom Columns

Eivind_OsbakEivind_Osbak Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Would be nice with the ability to customize the grids for My work, Team work, My requests, Team requests and also related items grid in any workitem. The ability to choose colums to view would be greatly appriciated.
80 votes

Completed · Last Updated

https://cireson.com/blog/cireson-portal-for-scsm-v11-3-release/

Comments

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like this?
    or are you wanting more columns than what is offered out of the box?
  • Eivind_OsbakEivind_Osbak Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi, yes I would like to be able to add more colums by combining values.

Examples:
    1. If a review activity is tied to a servicerequest. I would be able to show the status of the activity in the grid.
    2. If an IR, SR or PR is tied to a release. I would like to show the ID and title of the release in the grid.
    3. If a CR has multiple activities (not paralell), i would like to display the current active one.

More aswell. I realise that there will be som obstacles like picking the correct activity if there are more and so on.

So what would be nice is the ability to author the queries and include them as colums in the grid.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Eivind,
    This feature:

So what would be nice is the ability to author the queries and include them as colums in the grid.

is what is availble in v6 + with the custom page / dashboard designer feature. You can build your own SQL query and display the results in a grid on a custom page. Check out https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1291#/ for details.

Geoff
  • John_VrabelJohn_Vrabel Customer IT Monkey ✭

@Geoff_ross Upvoted!  Thanks..

• Conrad_ShealyConrad_Shealy Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Upvoting this as well, this is a feature that my organization needs in the portal.
  • Amarjit_DhillonAmarjit_Dhillon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi, Yes we also require this.
  • Mikhail_ScherbakovMikhail_Scherbakov Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    +1
  • Paolo_PierorazioPaolo_Pierorazio Customer IT Monkey ✭
    +1
  • Eivind_OsbakEivind_Osbak Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Eivind,
    This feature:

is what is availble in v6 + with the custom page / dashboard designer feature. You can build your own SQL query and display the results in a grid on a custom page. Check out https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1291#/ for details.

Geoff

Hi. Yes, but those custom pages are more for displaying information than working with them like with the my work, team work etc, right?
  • Rob_SimonRob_Simon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    This would be a very welcomed addition!
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    yes we should be able to pick any accessible column and add it to any of the work item views. this would allow easier flagging of vip users etc in the main grid views
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    @Brett_Moffett, it's noted that this would be doable based on the V9 improvements but I'm simply not seeing a way for example to list extended string fields added to the SR or MA class that would show up as an optional column to select in the grid views.

Am I missing something? My original request got noted as a duplicate (even though it was submitted long before this request) https://community.cireson.com/discussion/294/ability-to-add-custom-fields-grid-views-searches-within-the-cireson-portal#latest
  • Abraham_CarsonAbraham_Carson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We'd like to be able to see Created By as an option in the grid.
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Brett_Moffett

We are waiting in anticipation for this feature to be available. We have extended the IR and SR classes with stuff like Campus and Building and the analysts use this to reassign within the Support Group.

It will make their lives sooo much easier if those fields were available in the Team Work and My Work views.

This is probably the most asked request for the portal. I have told them that it is in the pipeline but the question keeps popping up.
    Thanks for the followup @Gerhard_Goossens and @Jonathan_Boles.

What you are trying to achieve is possible via 2 methods:
    1. Custom Dashboard via Analytics
      Using Cireson Analytics, you can create a SQL Table widget dashboard that contains the calculated and joined fields that you want.
      You can then promote the dashboard to a view with the standard AD Group based permissions like any other view.
      This is the simplest of solutions and something you can do yourself today however you do lose the filter abilities to show\hide activities.

2. Cireson Consulting Services (CCS) Custom View
      The CCS team has developed a custom view solution that would take the SQL query that you would create for the dashboard described above and adds the Show\Hide Activities solutions to the view also.
      This is not currently a community based solution and therefore requires either:
    • Premium Level Support
    OR
    • Consulting Statement of Work
    Let me know if this answers your requirements or not.
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Brett_Moffett, our organization pays annual support - if this is included, can you please send the solution for the CCS Custom View to me? If there is another level of support you're referring to, please let me know where to find information so I can pass along to our teams Manager.
    HI @Jonathan_Boles
    We offer a new level of support that opens up support from just our products to other issues such as SCSM and Data Warehouse etc.
    This level of support allows you to also get assistance with things like how to create new reports and views, and other general how to guidance across all topics. (Not just Cireson products)

This higher level support is not for project work like custom code etc. but getting assistance in creating a SQL query to make sense of the data tables is perfect for this.

It's also cheaper than full consulting costs. :)

Where are you located?
    I can get your territory manager to reach out.
  • Roelof_LuingeRoelof_Luinge Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

In witch version will this be released? We have V9.4.12 in test, but still see no option the change "My Work" and "Team Work"

Roelof

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I've pointed this thread out to @Geoff_Ross during our last call together to take one more look at this thread. The way this thread is handled currently at the moment isn't really what the OP asked for. OP asked for implementation of custom / additional work item class columns out of the box for OOB views. I would also suggest to impelement this to the work item search.

I've just had a use case where one of our business reporting employees wanted to create a report of WI's from 2019-2020 through the work item serach and have the "Created date" column there. And I had to let her down and say that this isn't supported out of the box and that we'll have to additionally add this through powershell. I really don't understand why we are limited in fields that are practically useless most of the time (basemanagementID i'm looking at you!) and don't have the option to add more useful fields.

Not sure if this feature is "In development" as stated but the comment that it's been released in v9 dashboard builder suggests in should be "Released" , but custom dasbhoard pages isn't what OP what asking for. Again, the feature request is to implement custom /additional work item class fields to OOB pages / work item search!

@Cireson, Please review this thread and make proper changes to better reflect the current state of this feature request as this has a pretty high amout of votes.

Thanks

• james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Gabriel_Lences I moved this back to the "Accepted" state. Let me review with the team and see where we left off on this. --Thanks

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@james_kleinschnitz thank you :)

• Eric_EvansEric_Evans Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited July 2021

Has there been any movement on this?

We are looking to filter on Source in My Work and Active Work.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes - this is on our roadmap for Q3!

• Peter_MuttenthalerPeter_Muttenthaler Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Adam_Dzyacky do you have a list of what will be supported/changed?

on the roadmap I've found  "Richer configuration of My Work, Team Work, and All Work."

thank you 😉

• Stefan_HorzStefan_Horz Partner IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

is this already implemented in the meantime?

Is there any description how to add a additional column like "Primary Owner" in the selection?

Our current Portal Version is 11.2.0.2016.

Regards,

Stefan

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stefan_Horz yes! Custom Grids are available with v11.3 of the portal and this means you can add a field for Primary Owner.