Home Analyst Portal
Options

How to Create a New Status for a Service Request

RyanMRyanM Member IT Monkey ✭

We currently only have In Progress, On Hold, and Closed as status options in our Service Requests. I would like to a Back Log status. How do I do that?

Answers

• Options
    CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Hi Ryan,

You would need to add it to the list in service manager under library\lists\ and edit "service request status" list

You would need to create a unsealed management pack to store the item in.

To get it to show in the portal if you restart the cache builder service it will show more quicker.

I hope this helps and what you need?

Kind Regards

Daniel

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

@RyanM It is indeed very important to use a new Management Pack here. Do not save anything inside the OOTB SCSM management packs whenever it is possible to create a new one.

So when the prompt shows up, create a new one. For naming conventions, there is a good blog post about it.

https://cireson.com/blog/3-best-practices-for-scsm-management-packs/

As this is an enumeration, just restarting the CB is not enough, you also have to trigger an App Pool Recycle inside the IIS settings. So the best would be to start the enum sync inside the Amin Settings --> Cache Builder Maintenance section and then initiate an app pool recyle afterwards. Then you should see the enumeration.

Be aware though, that Service Requests have certain workflow "rules" when activities are inside. So maybe it is better to test that in a testing environment before. Maybe it would be better to use the OOTB "On Hold" status for that?