Home Affected User
Options

Creator unable to Cancel a work item they created On Behalf of another user

jodi_waldjodi_wald Member IT Monkey ✭

In our Cireson Portal, a user is able to create a work item On Behalf of another user. We found that the Creator is unable to add a comment or cancel a work item. The Affected users is able to do both. How do we allow the Creator to do that since they are the ones that submitted it and may be the main contact in the department that submits requests for others.

Best Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The Affected User relationship gives implied rights to a work item. The Created By User relationship does not. You would need a role that granted explicit rights to this work item and that Created By user would need to be in that role. If there is a narrow group of users that is creating on behalf (presumably there is since you have configured the on behalf setting with a specific group), then you could add that group to the role and that would solve that problem. The downside of this would be that any member of that role would have access to any work items that the role has in scope.

• Options
    Answer ✓

Thank You. That got me on the path to a solution!

All our end users are able to create work items OnBehalf of other users. So I could not use that group. I ended up creating a User Role (of type Service Request Analyst) and granted the task to Cancel and SR for specific Users. Also had to ensure that my Cancel SR Notificaiton Subscription included the Assigned To User so the assigned Analyst will get notified.

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The Affected User relationship gives implied rights to a work item. The Created By User relationship does not. You would need a role that granted explicit rights to this work item and that Created By user would need to be in that role. If there is a narrow group of users that is creating on behalf (presumably there is since you have configured the on behalf setting with a specific group), then you could add that group to the role and that would solve that problem. The downside of this would be that any member of that role would have access to any work items that the role has in scope.

• Options
    Answer ✓

Thank You. That got me on the path to a solution!

All our end users are able to create work items OnBehalf of other users. So I could not use that group. I ended up creating a User Role (of type Service Request Analyst) and granted the task to Cancel and SR for specific Users. Also had to ensure that my Cancel SR Notificaiton Subscription included the Assigned To User so the assigned Analyst will get notified.