Home Orchestrator
Options

How to run xcopy from a runbook

Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭

We have a request in to use xcopy to copy a .bat file but I'm not sure how to do it and I can't find any documentation on it, or see any runbook activities that will do what I want. Has anyone done something similar to this before? We have been using SCORCH for several years but this is the first time someone has requested something like this.

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi Ian,

SCOrch can run a PowerShell script as part of the runbook. Take a look at Run .Net Script

You could use xcopy or native PowerShell.

Geoff

• Options
    Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭

Geoff,

Thanks for that info! I've been trying to get it to work using the Run .Net Script but it isn't copying the the file over. I don't have a lot of powershell experience and the Run .Net Script doesn't give me any kind of error or feedback so it is hard to figure out what is going wrong.

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Ian,

Yes, it can be fiddley. It can often be permissions / paths etc. If you run as PowerShell ISE as your SCOrch runbook account on the Runbook server, you can test with the exact circumstances it will run as. And you will get better errors to help fix the issue before pasting back to the .Net Script.

Geoff