Home General Discussion
Options

Remove from Watch List

Sam_NguyenSam_Nguyen Customer IT Monkey ✭

How do we remove a work item from our Watch List?

Please note our portal version is old. 8.12.6.2016

I came across KBs pointing to the 'related items' tab, but we do not have any watch list heading under that tab. 

The only way we can add/remove a work item is to open the ticket and click "add/remove me to watch list". However once the ticket is closed, there is no way to remove from watch list. Ticket is stuck there forever.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Best Answer

• Options
    Steffen_RakersSteffen_Rakers Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Sam,

I recommend the ways Geoff mentioned. We decided not to bother the users/analysts with this and just remove the closed SR/IR from the watchlist via a scheduled SQL Agent job:

DELETE
    FROM WatchList
    WHERE WorkItemId IN (
    		SELECT WL.WorkItemId
    		FROM WatchList AS WL
    		LEFT JOIN WorkItem AS WI ON WL.WorkItemId = WI.Id
    		WHERE WI.StatusId IN ('C7B65747-F99E-C108-1E17-3C1062138FC4', 'BD0AE7C4-3315-2EB3-7933-82DFC482DBAF') --SR, IR Status = Closed
    		)

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi Sam,

I guess you have customised your form and remove the Watch List section from that Tab.

You could add it back or you could remove the Watches directly in the database?

Geoff

• Options
    Steffen_RakersSteffen_Rakers Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Sam,

I recommend the ways Geoff mentioned. We decided not to bother the users/analysts with this and just remove the closed SR/IR from the watchlist via a scheduled SQL Agent job:

DELETE
    FROM WatchList
    WHERE WorkItemId IN (
    		SELECT WL.WorkItemId
    		FROM WatchList AS WL
    		LEFT JOIN WorkItem AS WI ON WL.WorkItemId = WI.Id
    		WHERE WI.StatusId IN ('C7B65747-F99E-C108-1E17-3C1062138FC4', 'BD0AE7C4-3315-2EB3-7933-82DFC482DBAF') --SR, IR Status = Closed
    		)

• Options
    Sam_NguyenSam_Nguyen Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank you both for your comments.

Useful SQL job Steffen, that's a good point.

Geoff, how do we add the Watch List section back to the tab? Historically, we're not sure when and if it was there originally.