Home Advanced Send Email
Options

How to build a Unified Email List for multiple Request Offerings

Christopher_GarChristopher_Gar Member IT Monkey ✭

We have a number of Request Offerings that, as part of the form require the end user to select an email address from a list, so that an automated email can be sent to that address in order to request confirmation/authorisation for the contents of the offering to be approved and proceed. Many of these forms have the same list of email addresses, in the console these are all configured as Simple Lists, meaning that each has to be maintained individually.

I would like to create a single, unified list that can be maintained individually and 'plugged in' as a prompt output to any number of new or existing request offerings.

So far we have two ideas, one being to create an Enumeration List, and the other being to use the Query Prompt and configuring the User Class to try and filter down to only the select group that are required. Any advice for best setting up either of these methods, or is there an alternative we have not considered that you would recommend instead?

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Christopher_Gar - Do you have to select the actual email address? Or will selecting users using the query prompt be sufficient? Presumably you're running a runbook or PowerShell Activity in this request that could lookup the address based on the user selected?

• Options
    Christopher_GarChristopher_Gar Member IT Monkey ✭

Currently the runbook takes the full email address and copies it from the prompt to send the email, but yes I don't imagine it would be too difficult to change that to looking up the address if the AD user was selected through a query

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Christopher

I think Query Prompt would be the best solution, you can add a custom Bool property on the user class and then build your criteria on that.

Assuming you get it working, could this be a good solution to submit for the Cireson ITSM Awards?

https://cireson.com/cireson-itsm-awards/