Home General Discussion

Tweaks to the portal

Dan_GreeneDan_Greene Customer IT Monkey ✭

When you assign a ticket leveraging the Assign To Analyst By Group task you can only choose an analyst within that group. Is there a way to make it so when you use the Assign To Me task that it propagates the correct Support Group or makes them change it to the correct one?

Can we make the portal require an Assigned to analyst and Support Group before the ticket can be closed?

Can we make IR and SR tickets able to be reopened anytime before the 2 weeks where they are automatically closed?

Answers

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

I guess the first point is a bit tricky, because maybe you have a user who is a member of multiple support groups? In our case e.g. we have multiple Parent support groups and each of them has multiple child support groups. mostly we map them to departments and teams inside these departments. So the department support group mostly contains all users, but team support groups only the users from this certain team. So using a support group based on the user automatically would fail here. So I guess this would be a really tricky task.

You could make the Assigned to or support group required in the custom form. but that means that it is not possible to do any changes, when these fields are not filled - Which would make it impossible to assign a ticket to a support group, without assigning it to a user, which is suboptimal I guess. Maybe this could be added to the resolve IR add in? @Geoff_Ross would that be possible?

I guess with the auto close app from Cireson you can declare how long a work item has to be in status resolved before it is closed. So you could just set it to two weeks and then the work item can be reopened.

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi @Dan_Greene

I agree with Simon.

1. Tricky to due users being in multiple support groups. It would be great to solve this one day but its not simple. I have seen customers hide the Assign to Me task for this reason - it gives people the change to mis align - and force them to use the Assign by Group but ensures its always good.
    2. This would be a great addition to ResolveIR. Added to the board.
    3. Yup yup yup.