Home Orchestrator

Orchestrator 2022 - Missing IP Packs

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I assume that the IP packs for PowerShell Script Execution 1.2. and Text Manipulation 1.1 will not be appearing in 2022 versions. Not sure if anyone can confirm?

Looking to adjust some runbooks to work without them. First stumbling block is the use of Split Fields

We tend to file requests away that are pending approval. They will have (Pending Approval) in the title and once approved, the split field enable us to change the (Pending Approval) to Approved. It was just a way of visibly seeing what was outstanding. We could target requests in a certain area for reminders if the approval was still pending.

I'm trying to play with .Net PowerShell to replicate. Its slightly new to me. I have used it for basic things.

Does anyone know of any other alternatives or maybe know if IPs may be on the way (I know the Vmware one took a while).

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hey @Sean_Terry

Have you tried installing the 2019 ones? Assuming its not that easy, we have recompiled some in a Professional Services engagement for other customers to create a bespoke 2022 version.

Geoff

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited August 9

@Geoff_Ross We did. It appeared to install ok but it never appears in the console to use. I assume other companies have found the same.

Based on work done by Cireson for other customers, what sort of work/cost has been involved for a bespoke version? I doubt our requirements are that different to others. A 2022 version that covered 2016/19 would be more than enough.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited August 19

I'm looking to change the runbooks now that the IPs are no longer available.

If there is any info on available IPs, not part of the out of the box list, I'll be happy to find out.
    Thanks