Home Outlook Console

Compatibility with Office 2016

Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭
Hi, is anyone using this with Outlook 2016 yet with Win10? Seem to be getting some intermittent problems with the COM add-in. (although shown in the Outlook 2016 add-ins, when checked Load Behaviour says "Not Loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in."

We've had a course of action suggested to remove all the add-ins and reinstall, but with heavy SCCM deployment this is impractical to apply without pain. Wondered if anyone else had resolved this issue, thanks.

Best Answer

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Probably best to get this in a support ticket so we can troubleshoot and see whats wrong. I will leave this thread open though in case someone else has seen this before and can offer any tips.

Answers

Hi Paul

Im using it successfully with out any issues, does it happen only on some machines after deployment or all? 

• Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭
    I've tried it with my own as I have the up to date client. the add-in just refuses to work, it's the x86 add-in for x86 Office install.
    Answer ✓
    Probably best to get this in a support ticket so we can troubleshoot and see whats wrong. I will leave this thread open though in case someone else has seen this before and can offer any tips.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the "Not Loaded" issue when installing mine recently. I realised I didn't have the appropriate Prereqs before installing. 

Make sure you have both .Net Framework v4 and Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime 2010

If you are installing it on a machine that doesn't have SCSM console, you will also need to copy 3 dll files to the Cireson Outlook Console folder (
    C:\Program Files\Cireson\Cireson Outlook Console)
    • Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.dll
    • Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Config.dll
    • Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Core.dll
    More information can be found here: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/15#/
  • Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Tony - unfortunately I do have the console installed and the 2 pre-requisites are installed  :/ Joe, I've got a support ticket open. 
  • Wayne_AtkinsonWayne_Atkinson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I too am having issues with Win10/Office 16; I have the Service Manger running but I am not getting full functionality with the Outlook client. Has this problem been addressed yet?
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

As Tony stated have you actually installed the "Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime 2010 Redistributable Setup"?

P.S.

Regarding the ".vsto" files that need the "Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime 2010 Redistributable Setup" I made a ticket for Cireson (IR20051) to alert them of the issue and told them to update the knowledge article that did not have this solution.

However I noticed that information is not present in Cireson KA #68 - Troubleshooting the Outlook Console App

I've attached my original document I had uploaded to that Cireson Ticket to this post.  Yes you are using Outlook 2016, but perhaps you can let us know if the 2010 version works since MS themselves state that it "is required to run Microsoft Office based solutions built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015."

Perhaps Cireson should also add the Prereq section into KA # 68.

<div class="Quote"><pre class="CodeBlock"><code><h2>Prerequisites</h2><br>The Outlook Console requires the .NET Framework v4, Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime 2010 and the SCSM console to be installed.<br>Note:&nbsp;For Analysts that wish to use Outlook Console without installing SCSM console, the following files should be copied to the install folder of Outlook Console app:<br><ul><li>Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.dll</li><li>Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Config.dll</li><li>Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Core.dll</li></ul><br>For example, if using the default install location on the c: drive, copy to 'C:\Program Files\Cireson\Cireson Outlook Console'<br>

I have the following installed on my workstation, it seems I have covered the prereqs

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    And do you have Microsoft .NET 4.0 or higher installed on the machine as well?

VSTO Prerequisites:
    .NET Framework: You must install either the .NET Framework 3.5, .NET Framework 4, .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, or .NET Framework 4.5 on end user computers before installing this runtime.

I only ask because your picture did not include it.

s.png 4.9K
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi, is anyone using this with Outlook 2016 yet with Win10? Seem to be getting some intermittent problems with the COM add-in. (although shown in the Outlook 2016 add-ins, when checked Load Behaviour says "Not Loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in."

We've had a course of action suggested to remove all the add-ins and reinstall, but with heavy SCCM deployment this is impractical to apply without pain. Wondered if anyone else had resolved this issue, thanks.
    Paul,

I've had some issues with the OC console in the past. I'm currently running Win 10 with the latest version of office. 

Question for you. How did you upgrade to Win 10?
    Did you already have office 365 installed then upgraded to Win 10?

I have found that sometimes an uninstall of Office365 is needed then a re-installation will do the trick. Let me know if this is something you can preform.

Merle

Yes I have the necessary .Net installed too.

Note: I just spoke to others that have installed using the same system so it is doable. I did the process on a different OS and it worked as expected.

I will uninstall and try again.

• Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Conner,
    The note about the VSTO prerequisites is covered in the Outlook Console Installation document KB15. I've also added the same note to the troubleshooting document KB68 you mentioned.  
    Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,
    Steve