Home Analyst Portal
Options

7.5.x.x preview release - Approvals page

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in Analyst Portal
I noticed that the new approval page seems to fundamentally change the Work Item page layout as now the Parent Work Item is a link to a wholly new page as opposed to the current process where it's simply contained inline.

Purely going on the aforementioned KA from Cireson, how (if at all) does this impact the need to provide read-only access to the parent work item in order for reviewers to use this portal?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a great question!

Just tested an it appears it does still need parent permissions, otherwise does not load. Not sure if that's intentional or not with it still in preview.

@seth_coussens may be able to confirm :)
  • Options
    Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I have little problem EndUsers, that can't work with activity. eg. End user was chosen as a reviewer in CR process for RA - he get also system notification.

His "My work >Approval" or "My Work>Activities' lists are empty, but "badge" show that he have 2 tasks. 

The link to task (.../ChangeRequest/Edit/CR7936?activityId=RA7939&tab=activity) show a notification that workitem don't exist or you don't have access.
    The link to approval page (.../ReviewActivity/Approval/RA7939) is only working and page in not visible. 

I'will add that we have just start to include End users in CR proces.
    Does end users need additional extra privileges or roles only to work with RA in ChangeMgm process or ServiceRequest process?

• Options
    seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    What 'badge' are you referring to? Also, what version of the portal are you on?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    We are using portal in version 8.2.0.2012.
    By badge i mean this extenstion - link that for my work with API. Also when use API i get some activities that are not visible on EndUser "MyWork" list;
    <div>if(myWork) {</div><div>			$.getJSON('/api/V3/WorkItem/GetGridWorkItemsByUser',&nbsp;</div><div>			{&nbsp;</div><div>			"userId": session.user.Id,</div><div><b>			"isScoped": false,</b></div><div><b>			"showActivities": true,</b></div><div><b>			"showInactiveItems": false&nbsp;</b></div><div>			},&nbsp;</div><div>			function (data) {</div><div>				var badge = $('a[href="/View/cca5abda-6803-4833-accd-d59a43e2d2cf"] .menu-badge');</div><div>				if (data.length > 0) {</div><div>					badge.removeClass('no-badge');</div><div>					badge.text(data.length);</div><div>				} else {</div><div>					badge.addClass('no-badge');</div><div>					badge.text('');</div><div>				}</div><div>			});</div><div>		}</div>

Maybe some extra privileges are needed for enduser to edit a RA or CR?
    Do I need to create extra role for change or SR revievers?
    Those users has assignerd "End user" role
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I have create a role that based on "Read-Only Operator", than choose management Pack's: 
    - Service Manager Activity Management Library
    - Service Manager Activity Management Configuration Library
    - Service Manager Change Management Library
    - Service Manager Change Management Configuration Library
    - Service Manager ServiceRequest Management Library
    - Service Manager ServiceRequest Management Configuration Library
    - Service Manager Release Management Library
    - Service Manager Release Management Configuration Library

And make settings: 
    1. Queues - none
    2. Configuration Itesm - none
    3. Catalog item - none - have separete role for this
    4. Task
        1. Reject - Service Manager Activity Management Library
        2. Approve - Service Manager Activity Management Librar
        1. Assigned to me - Service Manager ServiceRequest Management Library
        2. All Change Request -  Service Manager Change Management Library
        3. Activities Assigned to Me x 2 - Service Manager Activity Management Library
    6. Forms - all
    7. Users - domain users

And now I see RA on MyWork/Approvasl and  MyWork/Activities but when try to open Approval page I get as screen as below (as was written in another thared - link)

• Options
    The query for that unsupported customization has 'isscoped' as false. I'd try it with it set to true. You are going around the scoping with that method.
  • Options
    I test it with scope = true and the badge shows nothing so I set is back to true and shows right. 
    But the problem is now that user see empty approval page as in piucture below.
    I think that mayby some rights need to be change?
  • Options
    Sounds like something is off with your queue settings maybe inside SCSM.
  • Options
    I have make new roles according to @merlenette_jones manul (link) lub still the problem exist. I try powershell script that shhow user righs and it show that those end user has acces to all workitems, but they cant view change request

• Options
    I test user rights by console and user are able to make the Approval, but he can't make it in the portal. What can I do to fix it?

• Options
    You'll need to follow up with support it sounds like as this isn't an issue that has been reported elsewhere and maybe environmental.