Home Service Manager
Options

This item cannot be updated because it is already bound to another membership

Robin_FaklerRobin_Fakler Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

I have a strange problem when I am trying to add a simple "Default Review Activity" to a Service Request.

Step by step:
Open Service Manager Console -> Tab "Work Items" -> Create Service Request from Template -> select (working!) SR template (with integrated PowerShell-Activity) -> OK -> Tab "Activities" -> Added "Default Review Activity" -> Add my AD account as reviewer -> OK -> OK (create Service Request) -> Following Error occours and no SR will be created:

------------------------------------------------------

Failed to execute Submit operation. Fix the reported error before...
This item cannot be updated because it is already bound to another membership

Date: 05.07.2018 14:26:48
Application:
Application Version: 7.5.3079.607
Severity: Error
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.Core.Shared.InstanceDataCollisionException: This item cannot be updated because it is already bound to another membership relationship. ---> Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.DiscoveryDataLifetimeDependencyException: A discovery data item was rejected because the item is already bound to another Membership relationship.
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ConnectorFrameworkConfigurationServiceProxy.ProcessDiscoveryData(Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 entityInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, ObjectChangelist`1 extensions)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitInternal(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.Commit(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjectionWriteAdapter.WriteSdkObject(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, IList`1 sdkObjects, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjectionWriteAdapter.WriteSdkObject(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, IList`1 sdkObjects, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.SdkWriteAdapter`1.DoAction(DataQueryBase query, IList`1 dataSources, IDictionary`2 parameters, IList`1 inputs, String outputCollectionName)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ViewFramework.SingleItemSupportAdapter.DoAction(DataQueryBase query, IList`1 dataSources, IDictionary`2 parameters, IList`1 inputs, String outputCollectionName)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.DataModel.QueryQueue.StartExecuteQuery(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.DiscoveryDataLifetimeDependencyException: A discovery data item was rejected because the item is already bound to another Membership relationship.
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ConnectorFrameworkConfigurationServiceProxy.ProcessDiscoveryData(Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 entityInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, ObjectChangelist`1 extensions)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitInternal(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.Commit(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup)

------------------------------------------------------

When I follow the steps above WITHOUT adding a user to the reviewers the SR will be successfully created.

Thank you very much!

Answers

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the same error going on with CR's and SR's with integrated PowerShell-Activity. 
    Specifically on SCSM2016 and PSA v8.0.2.2016
    These are items I migrated using the Lifecycle app. I plan to recreate my templates once the latest release of PSA is release fixing the ability to open the forms in the console.
  • Options
    Robin_FaklerRobin_Fakler Customer IT Monkey ✭

We are using SCSM2012 R2. How do I check the version of PSA?

I created the templates by myself without migrating them.

It will also fail if i only use a Review Activity without a PSA.