Home Analyst Portal
Options

Analyst not seeing content on Portal

Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭

We hire contractors, who sometimes become employees. Contractors have usernames in the format vdr-username. When they become employees, we drop the vdr and use only the username to access the Analyst portal. We rename the username at that point, and we have a process we go through to do that. Now, suddenly there's a renamed user who appears in the database as an analyst, sees all the icons and everything that goes along with the analyst portal view, but sees no IRs or SRs in any folder. What could be wrong? He has the Analyst View, but not the content.

Answers

• Options
    Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭

More info on this - This analyst with the username changed can Open, View, Edit, and Complete/Resolve Work Items in Service Manager Console, but the Cireson Portal doesn't show him any Work Items nor does it show him the Catalog with its Service/Request Offerings. I've Deleted his old user accounts from the Deleted Items. I've checked the ServiceManagement database to ensure he's in the Analyst Group and the Server Group (two groups he needs to be a member of to perform Analyst work). Truncated the Table in SQL. When he opens the portal, he sees the left bar and all the icons Analysts see, so it seems to know he's an Analyst, but no WorkItems or SO/ROs. I've restarted the cache builder service and restarted IIS on the Cireson Web Servers. 

• Options
    James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Cindy_Boyer

Are they a member of the right AD groups for the portal that you setup in the console, "Administration/Settings/Cireson - Portal Group Mapping Settings"?

The user roles group grant actual Service Manager permissions to the work items but the team work in the portal is based on the settings in there.

James

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Cindy_Boyer

If this is still an issue I would open a Support Ticket so we can get on a Remote Session and look at this with you 😁

Thanks,

Shane