Home Analyst Portal
Options

Assign Ticket to Self via e-mail

jodi_waldjodi_wald Member IT Monkey ✭

Is there a way to assign a ticket to yourself via e-mail? I know you can resolve a ticket by replying with [Resolved]. Can you do the same with Assigning the ticket. Is there a reserved word in brackets we can use?

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

You're asking about the Microsoft Exchange Connector for SCSM - in which case, no there is not. The keywords they provide is the extent of what you can do.

However I created an open source alternative that does support this functionality as I provide a [take] keyword. There is an incredibly length I've been updating over the years here in the community that you can go through over here:

Or you can view all of the features, documentations, and download over on it's Github page:

• Options
    jodi_waldjodi_wald Member IT Monkey ✭

Did not realize that would entail having to write a portion of the Exchange Connector functionality to make that work. In that case, I'm curious if there is possibly another way like using a Task (that would appear on the right) when viewing the work item (not in the grid). Maybe a way to scope the Assign to Me Task to specific AD groups (possibly non Analyst AD groups).