Home Service Manager
Options

How trigger a Runbook on resolving of incident?

Matthew_GrossmaMatthew_Grossma Customer IT Monkey ✭

We are sending or Sentinel incidents to SCSM. I created a runbook that execute a PowerShell to close the Sentinel incident which works but i want to trigger this when the incident is resolved. Does anyone know how i trigger the runbook on resolve of incident?

Best Answer

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Step 1: Create a Monitoring Runbook, which triggers on Incident Update

Step 2: On the link condition, make the condition that the Incident status has to be resolved, in order to trigger the next activity. If you only want Sentinel Incidents to trigger this, you have 2 options:

a: Write a certain keyword in a Incident custom extension attribute, when it is a Sentinel Incident, on creation. In the Monitoring Activity you can then add the condition, that the extensionAttribute has to be set to this keyword in order to even trigger. We do this in one of our Monitoring Runbooks:

b: you add a condition to the link, so after the monitoring triggers, it will only advance if it is a Sentinel ticket. It is up to you, to declare this.

Step3: In an Update WorkItem Activity you update the Status to Closed.

If you have question about it, just ask :)

Answers

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Step 1: Create a Monitoring Runbook, which triggers on Incident Update

Step 2: On the link condition, make the condition that the Incident status has to be resolved, in order to trigger the next activity. If you only want Sentinel Incidents to trigger this, you have 2 options:

a: Write a certain keyword in a Incident custom extension attribute, when it is a Sentinel Incident, on creation. In the Monitoring Activity you can then add the condition, that the extensionAttribute has to be set to this keyword in order to even trigger. We do this in one of our Monitoring Runbooks:

b: you add a condition to the link, so after the monitoring triggers, it will only advance if it is a Sentinel ticket. It is up to you, to declare this.

Step3: In an Update WorkItem Activity you update the Status to Closed.

If you have question about it, just ask :)

• Options
    Matthew_GrossmaMatthew_Grossma Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank You this is what I did and seems to be working.